October 23, 2011

Ben is ONE!

Benjamin turned ONE today. I can't even believe it. Last year at this time I was sitting in a hospital. Ben was sleeping next to me, all swaddled like a sweet 7 lb burrito.
Now he's a 22 lb real boy.
Part of me misses the infant days when he was so sweet and cuddly and smelled like a newborn and I could just hold him on my chest and he would just fall asleep effortlessly.
 But I cannot forget the Reflux, vision problems, changing diapers in the middle of the night, Cohen's jealousy towards Ben, and the "Mom guilt" for not spending equal/enough time with Cohen/Ben/Andy. I do not miss any of that.
This year was a big adjustment for all of us. Life seems much easier then it did a year ago and I am very grateful for that. I don't know if it has actually gotten easier, or if we have just adapted to feeling tired and busy all the time. Either way, it's better. And I am happier than ever. 
Let me tell you some of the reasons we all love Ben so much...
He has cutest laugh that I have ever heard. It's easy to get a smile out of him. His cry face is adorable. His walks like a cowboy. He's a good sleeper. He's funny. He's cuddly. He's a cute dancer. His hair looks like Albert Einstein's after every nap. He has chubby cheeks. He sometimes sings himself to sleep.
 We LOVE You my sweet Benjamin Boy.
Happy Birthday!

October 23, 2010 at 1:30ish
1 week
1 month
2 Months
3 Months
4 Months
5 Months
6 Months
7 Months
8 Months
9 Months
10 Months
11 Months
12 Months!

No comments:

About Us

My photo
Vista, California, United States
A picture journal from some of our best memories and everyday life.